The BFRT150 is designed to convert a frequency input signal up to 5kHz to a standard process signal. Input signals of various types or from a variety of sensors can be accommodated:
1. Low level AC, sine wave as produced by coil-type pick up (minimum 200mVpp.)
2. Low level AC, any wave shape having a consistent frequency pattern (200mVpp. up to 20Vpp.)
3. DC pulse, zero going (200mVpp. up to 50Vpp.)
4. NAMUR proximity sensor or pulsing contact – the sensor is directly connected to the BFRT150 as the module provides the 8Vdc auxiliary supply.
5. All types of 3-wire proximity sensors, optical sensors or any devices with NPN/PNP open collector transistor output requiring 5 – 30Vdc auxiliary supply at 20mA maximum.
For input to output isolation order with option 8. Output response is tailored to achieve a minimum of ripple with optimum response time. T90 response is 0.5 seconds for 50Hz FS and above, increasing to 4 seconds with a 5Hz full scale. Final calibration is trimmed using the front accessible ‘offs’ and ‘span’ 15-turn trim adjustments. Zero suppression is available up to 100% of range. Output signal is indicated by the front LED which gives a clear indication of module function. RF and power transient protection are standard as it is with all BASI modules. Various power supply choices are available ranging from 240Vac down to 8Vdc.