The BPD122 and BPD121 are, dc powered, 4-wire signal-conditioning modules.
- High Power Output for applications where an output drive of 50mA (24V) up to 5Adc is required, as is common with hydraulic solenoid drive applications.
· Signal conversion from all commonly used process control signals
- Signal inversion for applications where the output has to decrease for increasing input (Reverse action)
· Signal filtering for fluctuating input signals. The “Ramp option” allows for the time constant to be selected by the user.
- Gain and bias (scaling) adjustments to amplify or zero shift a portion of the input signal.
· Dither option. A low level AC signal is superimposed on the output to prevent the output valve or hydraulic solenoid from becoming stuck in applications where the valve is stationary for long periods of time (the amplitude and frequency of the dither signal are specified for the application).
Power supplies for the standard BPD122 include 12Vdc and 24Vdc. The BPD122 module features a wide range of input and output signals, direct and reverse action, including bipolar input. Input signals range from 0.1V to 100Vdc and 100mA to 1Adc. Final calibration is trimmed using the front accessible ‘offs’ and ‘span’ 15-turn trim adjustments. The output signal level is indicated by a green LED on the front, giving a clear indication of module function and presence of signal. All units are fitted with a 0.5 second filter. This filter constant can be increased or decreased if required. RF and power transient protection is also standard as with all BASI modules.