The BTCT286 is a separately powered isolating thermocouple transmitter or thermocouple isolator with three way power/input/output isolation. Final calibration is trimmed using the front accessible zero and span 15-turn trim adjustments.
When configured as a thermocouple transmitter:
- The specified thermocouple type and range is converted into a standard
process signal that represents temperature.
- Automatic cold junction compensation.
- Front-end zero suppression.
- Upscale or downscale burnout.
- Linearised measurement for thermocouple types K, J, T, N, R and S.
When configured as a thermocouple isolator:
- The specified thermocouple type and range is isolated and re-transmitted as millivolts. The millivolts on
the output terminals need to be connected using compensation wire to the measurement instrument.
- Due to the nature of a thermocouple and the requirement for cold junction compensation the output
millivolt is bipolar.